“Straughn Elementary School has made AYP (Adequate Yearly Progress) for the eighth year in a row …”.
Straughn Elementary School is a K-5 Title I public elementary school in south central Alabama operated by the Covington County School System. Straughn Elementary School has a student population of approximately 550 students, with 100% of our faculty and instructional aides meeting federal No Child Left Behind highly qualified status. Our dedicated staff consists of a certified librarian and counselor, reading coach, school nurse, principal, bookkeeper and school secretary. Straughn Elementary School is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, is an Alabama Reading Initiative School, and a 21st Century Community Learning Center. Straughn Elementary School has made AYP (Adequate Yearly Progress) for the eighth year in a row. We're proud of our students and faculty!
Parents Watch this Video about Purchasing Ink
2014-15 School Calendar
2013-14 School Calendar
- July 7-18: Summer Math, Reading, & Art Camp 8:00-12:00 p.m.
- July 29-31: Open Enrollment 8:00-2:00 p.m.
- August 11-15: Prof. Dev. for faculty & staff
- August 15: Student/Parent Orientation 8:00-12:00 p.m.
- August 18: First Full Day of School for Students
- Sept. 1: Labor Day Holiday
- Sept. 5: Grandparents Day 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Sept. 16: SES 101 (Family Literacy Night) 5:30-6:30 p.m.
|Straughn Elementary |
29324 Straughn School Rd.
Andalusia, AL 36421
Phone: (334) 427-1311
Fax: (334) 427-1401
Cov. Co. Schools:
Cov. Co. Schools Website
Fleeta Jr. High
Pleasant Home School
Red Level Elementary
Straughn Middle School
Some of the above links require a "pdf" reader to view the page. Download a free reader by clicking here.
Mission Statement for Covington County Schools
Covington County Schools’ Vision: “Respectful, Responsible, and Resourceful”The Mission of the Covington County School System is to provide students with the skills and knowledge to become respectful, responsible, and resourceful members of society.To address this mission, the Covington County School System will …
- Attract, develop, and retain an exceptional staff
- Provide a safe, secure, and nurturing learning environment,
- Meet each student's individual instructional needs
- Continuously improve instructional programs
- Involve families and other community members as partners in the learning process
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Equal Opportunity Policy: It is the official policy of Covington County School System that no person shall, on the ground of race, sex, religion, color, creed, national origin, handicap, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment and provide access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries of complaints regarding compliance with federal regulations on 504, Title I, Title II, and Title IX may be directed to Donny Powell, Federal Programs Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org), Kelly McCollough, 504 Coordinator, Covington County Board of Education, 807 C.C. Baker Avenue, Andalusia, AL. 36420, (334) 222-7571
© 2014 powered by
Maintained by Straughn Elementary School, Andalusia, Alabama; (334) 427-1311